My intent in the design of the logo was to embrace a high degree of symbolism while telling a story through the development.
Proverbs 4:23 – Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.
At first glance, your eyes are challenged to stay still and focus on just one place. This was done with intention, and created to give the impression that it was physically in motion, to draw you in.
- The two sides are symmetrical, which is a touch of a play on the eyes for attraction, but helps to create the edginess that we desire
- There are some faint similarities with the logo image and the male and female sign, which appeals to the sub conscious with recognition, while allowing the logo to be shared by both genders
- The two hearts do not join purposefully, which is a representation that each of us has had a broken heart in our lives as a resulting from past experiences
- The arrows depict the natural flow and operation of the heart for filtration and renewal
- The words draw top down and left to right, focusing on the process of and belief in the more you give, the more you receive (you reap what you sow) and the better you (self) feel inside. This continuous process cleanses, softens and heals the heart in a constant cycle
- The magnifying glass hovers over the word “Self” forcing us to take a closer look at ourselves, including a large degree of self reflection
- Maintaining “Self” in the center, demonstrates that as this process evolves, one’s “Self” is being rewarded and renewed, thus the tagline, Selfishly Inspired to be Selfless
Simply stated, the realization to the power of our collective efforts will further inspire others and refresh our own hearts in a constant cycle.